Dr Anil Nair treats patients with conditions of the spinal column. He is an Australian trained orthopaedic surgeon with dual orthopaedic and neurosurgical post fellowship training. His espoused mantra is the maintenance of quality of life and physical literacy through high fidelity operative and non operative care.
Dr Nair went to high school in The Scots College in Sydney’s Bellevue Hill. He attended medical school in the University of Newcastle, where a passion for anatomy and physiology were fostered. His anatomy tutor was Emeritus Professor Nik Bogduk, a world renowned anatomist, with a focus on spinal anatomy.
Following basic surgical training in Sydney Dr Nair was accepted into advanced training under the auspicious of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. Training at a host of hospitals including, Royal North Shore Hospital, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the Prince of Wales Hospital. Upon obtaining surgical fellowship, Post fellowship sub-speciality spinal surgery training was undertaken in 3 imminent institutions: The Prince of Wales Hospital in Sydney, Hospital for Special Surgery In Manhattan New York and the University of Manitoba Spine Program in Canada.
Awards gained at the Post Fellowship level include: AO Spine Asia Pacific Fellow in Hospital for Special Surgery New York and The Australian Spine Society’s Clinical Bursary for overseas Post-Fellowship Spinal Training. Post fellowship training encompassed all aspects of spine afflictions.
Dr Nair has a particular interest in Complex Spinal Surgery, minimally Invasive Spine Surgery and Intervertebral Disc Replacement Surgery. He is a member of The Australian Medical Association, The Australian Orthopaedic Association, and The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, AO Spine Society and The North American Spine Society and is formally involved in the selection and education of trainee surgeons.
Recreationally, he enjoys swimming, tennis and reading and is actively involved in his local community.
- Bachelor of Medicine
- Fellowship of Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- Spine Fellow Prince of Wales Hospital Sydney
- AO Asia Pacific Spine Fellow Hospital for Special Surgery New York
- Spine Fellow University of Manitoba Canada
- Anterior Cervical Discetomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy and Fusion (ACCF)
- Cevical Disc Replacement
- Posterior Cervical Surgery
- Lumbar Decompression
- Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Interbody Fusion
- Osteotomies and Instrumentation for the treatment of Degenerative Scoliosis
Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Transforaminal Interbody Fusion
- Anterior Interbody Fusion
- Lateral Interbody Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Intrumentation
- Minimally Invasive treatment of Osteoporotic Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Revision Spinal Surgery
- Vertebrectomy for trement of spinal tumours
- Australian Medical Association
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Orthopaedic Association (Associate Member)
- AO Spine Society
- North American Spine Society
- American Acedemy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- ABIME Certified (CIME)